Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 2

I had a very good night of sleep and was instructed at breakfast to not take any naps for the rest of the day and if we did to make it only 30 minutes,  which seemed basically impossible. After breakfast, we had some down time and I couldn't help myself and took a 20 minute nap. It was enough to keep me awake for our first training session, where we played some possession and then finished with some crossing and finishing.

The training facility at La Manga
After our first training we went straight to lunch and our coach started with her individual meetings. She said she would do four a day so I haven't gone yet. Lunch was followed by some more down time. I did the stupidest thing I could and read a book, which made me even more tired. So, after awhile I couldn't physically keep my eyes open and I drifted off into another nap.  Fortunately, it only lasted for ten minutes because we had to leave for training at 4:45. For this training we started with some passing combinations and ended with some more possession, which I love. Dinner was after training; then from 8:30-9:30 we had a stretching session. The coaches purposely planned it late to try to keep us up. The stretch session was a little reminder for us all of how bad our flexibility was. We ended the day on that note and went back to our rooms. I was able to stay awake for a little bit longer before the time change got the best of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment