Monday, March 4, 2013

Day 3

After a rough night of sleep, I woke up and had to go to breakfast at nine. Breakfast was followed by practice in the chilly weather.

At practice, forwards and midfielders trained together and then defenders worked on their own. I was in the forward/midfielder group and we worked on defending in a triangle like how we would if we were playing a 4-3-3. Then at the end we came together and scrimmaged a little bit, still trying to focus on the defensive side of the game.

After practice, we walked over to the u23s game against England. We didn't get to watch the whole game, but the US won 2-1.  So they won their four nations tournament with that victory.

We went straight to lunch from there, where they served fish yet again.

After working a little bit on homework, I had my individual meeting with Michelle French, who we all call Frenchie. Unlike most of my meetings with coaches, she wasn't focusing on soccer. She was focusing on trying to get to know me as a person, which I really liked. Our afternoon training session was cancelled due to rain, so after dinner we had a stretch session in the hotel instead. After all that, we were done for the day. I stayed up pretty late, reading and listening to music, regardless it was my best night of sleep so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment