Friday, March 8, 2013

Day 7

     I did the usual morning routine followed by training. The training was very lite, but challenging at the same time in terms of the mental side of the game. The coaches had to let us recover, but they also wanted to prepare us for the next game. We had to wear our heart rate straps during the practice, but I accidentally lost my strap so I couldn't wear mine. Another girl had lost hers too so I wasn't the only one who made that mistake. I might get billed for it, but I'm not sure. So, sorry in advance to my parents who might have to pay for it... 

     Training began with a light warmup with and without the ball, led by Janet Rayfield. Then Frenchie set up a little juggling competition, which got very intense. After that, center backs and goalies split up and the rest of us worked on patterns. It was harder than is sounds. It really challenged your soccer IQ. We called it quits after that. 

     Since it was a beautiful day, after lunch a lot of people layed outside for a bit and did homework. I knew I wouldn't be able to handle the sun for long so I decided to stay in. I considered doing homework, but then in the end I just took a nap instead. It was a good nap too. 
    We had dinner at 6:30, and yet again we had pasta, potatoes, and some kind of meat. It gets a bit old after the first five days. We had an hour and a half meeting at 8:30. We went over film of our game against Norway. I love going over film and watching games I played. You can learn a lot from it. We also went over strategies for the game against Germany. We were told they were going to be quick to counter, good in the air, and high intensity. Then we were given the starting line up and sent to bed to rest up for the big game. I was very excited and anxious because I was getting to start. It took me a while to fall asleep, but eventually I was able to. 

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome designed for me to have a web site, which is useful in favor of my knowledge. thanks admin

    My web blog: SEOZONEBD